What happens during the inspection & claim process?
- Inspect Property for any and all claimable damage
- Open claim with your carrier or agent
- adjuster will contact you within a few days
How does the insurance process work?
- When contacted by adjuster, have the adjuster contact your estimator. If you set the appointment please notify your estimator immediately of the meeting date and time.
- Adjuster meets with All Custom Exteriors estimator
If approved by insurance the following will normally occur in this order
- First check less depreciation and deductible plus the insurance loss estimate will either be given to you that day or will follow normally within 2 weeks.
- Once your project is complete, All Custom Exteriors will file a final all work complete invoice with your insurance company which will release the recoverable depreciation and any supplemental amounts.
- Upon receipt immediately notify your estimator or All Custom office so final payment can be made.
What should I know and plan for during my project?
- ACE will contact you 48 to 72 hours ahead to let you know we are about to start your project
- ACE will need a suitable place to stage materials for your project, preferably your driveway or a comparable spot such as a concrete slab or hard packed ground close to the dwelling. (NOTE: All Custom Exteriors is NOT responsible for any theft of materials once it's been delivered on site.)
- ACE crews will need access for a trailer to remove the debris from your old roof or siding. Due to the risk of damage it is recommended that you park your vehicles on the street or at a neighbors home.
- Please be sure to move any items or property such as patio furniture etc, away from the eaves of your home to avoid damage.
- If you have vaulted or cathedral style ceilings, be sure to move any items on walls higher than 6' to avoid damage due to vibration from the installation of your new roof.
- If you are home during the project, be sure to use extreme caution when going in or out of your home or anytime you are outside to avoid personal injury.
- It is highly recommended that you make arrangements for pets to be kenneled or kept at another location during the project as it can be very stressful for your fury friends and family.
- Crews do not have authorization to amend or change any part of your project outside of the agreed scope of work. Please address any concerns or potential changes with your crew leader so he may let your estimator know.
- Even though ACE crews thoroughly clean and remove debris and nails from your property, it is almost impossible to find every nail that may be hiding. Use caution after your project when walking or working around your home.
- When the project is complete, payment of your deductible and any upgrades or un-scheduled additional repairs will be collected the same day, or according to pre-arranged payment schedule checks should be made payable to All Custom Exteriors.
Anything else I should know?
- Occasionally ACE will discover unseen or "hidden sight conditions" during the process of your project such as bad decking, fascia, rotted plywood, etc and ACE will advice you immediately of any problems. It is important to understand that your estimator will always ask insurance to pay for the unseen repairs, however if insurance does not agree to payment, or has no responsibility to pay...Those repairs will be your responsibility. ACE will work with you in any way possible to assure your project is done the right way, even arranging financing or deferred payments if needed!
Give us a call today at (928) 536-7275 or click the button below to get a free estimate. If you don't see the construction service question you are looking for in the frequently asked questions, let us know!